Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Top 5 Shows from My Childhood


TV these days just isn't what it used to be.  I sit down every so often with siblings and all I see are shows with bratty, know-it-all kids with morons for parents and "laugh tracks" in the background.

People used to tell me that the shows that I watched as a kid were just as dumb so I decided to watch a few of them again (now that I'm older) and I still argue that they are better than the mindless garbage that is on these days.

Thus, I give you: The Top 5 Shows from My Childhood (in no particular order):

Pokemon

Dexter's Laboratory
Yu-Gi-Oh


Magic School Bus
Recess

What were your favorite shows from your childhood?  I'd love to hear what would make your "Top 5 Shows" lists!  Post comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan! Such good shows! Ya know, both my husband and I didn't realize that Pokemon had been around for so long. I hadn't heard about it until high school and he hadn't heard about it until his mission. But even now, my son loves Pokemon and has some Pokemon shirts that he constantly wears. :)

    And Recess will always be awesome in my opinion. One of the best Disney cartoon series ever made.

    Hope you're having fun!
    BTW--this is Allison your cousin if you haven't figured it out by now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks for the hint! I was sure that I knew you, I just wasn't sure where from! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about Recess!! I remember skipping class in high school to go see that movie. That's right, I'm that ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay. I remember a friend of mine that used to skip 7th hour most days so that he could get home in time to watch Pokemon. Lucky dog...

    ReplyDelete